Savina is the name of Bosa Developments newest high rise condo tower currently under construction in the Columbia neighborhood one block from Little Italy.
While I do have copies of the floor plans and list of amenities I dont yet know the finish level the Savina Condos will have, therefore want a little more information before I think it will earn a spot on the coveted Top 10 Condos list.
Residents of downtown San Diego have been waiting eight years now to buy a new condo. As vibrant as the city has been in recent years with lots of new construction of apartments and office buildings, no new condominiums have been built since 2009. Bosa Development has just announced the name of their new condo project going up near Little Italy. They chose the name Savina to give it a local neighborhood feeling.
The Savina condos are located at the northern edge of the Columbia neighborhood of downtown, right across the street from Little Italy. Savina will have 285 residences ranging in size from 915 - 1,949 square feet. The single tower will rise 36 stories and in typical Bosa fashion will have townhomes surrounding the pool area. Amenities in the Savina condos include amenity deck with pool, fitness center and meeting room. The bulk of the building will include a total of eight units per floor, with even fewer on the uppers floors which contain the larger floor plans. Completion is expected near the end of 2018.
While Bosa development does have another condo tower also under construction, named Pacific Gate, the Savina project will not really be a direct competitor. The Pacific Gate condos are a Super Prime building, meaning the best design and quality building in a world class city and also the most expensive. The Savina condos will be similar in many ways to the more traditional quality and design San Diego has seen from Bosa in its prior eight condominium complexes.
If you're a buyer considering a purchase in the Savina condominiums here are some pluses and minus to the complex. First the pluses:
1. Its Brand New
2. Its is a great location two blocks from the San Diego Bay and one block from Little Italy
3. While pricing has not been released as of early 2017, the prices might be similar to those found in the resale market at some of better buildings now such as the Bayside and Pinnacle condominiums.
4. Bosa Quality, we have all come to respect and admire the buildings they built and helped transform downtown San Diego.
Now some of the minuses:
1. Its not on the "residential front row", located just one block behind (east) of the residential front row.
2. Its bay views are not unobstructed, see #1, its located almost directly behind the Bayside condos.
No floor plan is over 2,000, there is a big market for large 3 bedroom condos, this building will not meet that demand. Update March 25 2017, they will have 4 penthouse units over 2,000sf.
4. Its two years out from completion, if your not in a rush to move in, you just might get two years of price appreciation while waiting for your move in date.
Until I get more information, please learn more about it from the link below to my other website which has a page dedicated to the Savina Condominiums.